Better Homes, Better Futures


If you require any maintenance on your home, please advise your Property Officer during office hours.  The office can be contacted on (07) 4031 6702 or email For properties in the CRS program, most maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner, so your Property Officer will pass the request to the owner for them to arrange for the repair.

If you have an emergency plumbing or electrical problem, or if you have a broken window or damaged door that has made your property unsecure outside officer hours, please call 1300 782 586. Please ensure you have this number and ONLY use if you have a problem that is dangerous, a threat to your health or may cause substantial property damage. When you call 1300 782 586 you can select option 1 for an electrician, option 2 for a plumber or option 3 if you have a broken window or damaged door that has made your property unsecure.  If you have locked yourself out of your property outside of office hours, please contact a local locksmith.

As a tenant, you are required to maintain your home in good condition.

We ask you to take care of your home by following these tips:

  • report gas, water leaks and electrical faults immediately
  • tell us if you are having problems with things like the roof, gutter leaks, unsafe stairs, dripping taps, etc
  • keep the garden tidy and mow the grass regularly
  • remove and dispose of all rubbish
  • tell us of any damage as soon as it happens
  • keep ceilings, walls, floors, fixtures and fittings clean
  • do not flush bulky items, fat or oil down toilets
  • do not attempt to carry out serious repair work such as electrical, plumbing or structural work on the property—call us
  • check the hot water unit for leaks (it’s normal for overflow pipes to drip from time to time, particularly in cooler weather)
  • do not install improvements/renovate your home without our approval

Property Damage

As with the Department of Housing and Public Works public housing, as the tenant, you are responsible for paying the full costs of repairing any damage caused by you, a household member or a visitor you allowed onto the property. For example, you would be required to pay for the repairs if a window was broken while children were playing in your yard or you were mowing the lawn.

You can either arrange the repairs yourself or contact us and we will arrange for the repairs and apply a debt to your account. If you arrange the repairs yourself, they must be completed to an acceptable standard.

If we arrange for the repair of property damage, you will be sent an invoice for the repair and will need to make payment.

Deliberate or reckless damage to a property by a tenant, a member of your household or a visitor you allowed onto the property is not acceptable. We will take action to end tenancies for deliberate or reckless property damage.


For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Access Community Housing Company today on phone (07) 4031 6702.

© Access Community Housing 2021 | Website design and development RJ New Designs.